Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Corrupt Ghaziabad Police (Corruption in Uttar Pradesh Police)

This is my Personal experience with Corruption. Last Week i was travelling to my In-Laws from Delhi to Ghaziabad.
I was with my family my wife and my 4 year old kid. Traveling on the NH-24 Highway , through a massive traffic jam i came across a Crossing where just before crossing it i was waved down by a Police Constable in Half Uniform. The Uniform Shirt was missing . I asked him the reason and he asked me to show my documents.
I promptly showed him all the documents, and to my utter surprise he told me that he wanted to search my Baggage.
I told him that i was going to my in-laws house and that could he not see that i was traveling with my family.
Then, he told me that As my Car was  Having a Delhi Number Plate so, he could even impound my Car if i Resisted.
Totally, Frustrated I asked him what he Wanted. He told me that Saab Would be Angry with him as he had wasted 10 minutes of his talking to me.
 I Asked him in Clear terms what he wanted. And, Then Prompt came the Reply that he wanted  INR300
to let me go. I resisted and he settled for INR200.
 Being a Common Man i had to give in to the high handedness of this police constable while his superior officer was standing at not more than 5 feet away from me.
Is this the way the Ghaziabad police Loots the Common Man. Is it a crime to travel to Ghaziabad in a NON Uttar Pradesh Numbered Vehicle.
IT IS HUMBLY REQUESTED, IF ANY SENIOR OFFICER FROM THE GHAZIABAD  POLICE FORCE COMES ACROSS THIS POST THEN A SUITABLE CHECK ON THE FIELD LEVEL OFFICERS WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.






No comments:

Post a Comment